- While I interviewed the student I felt prepared. Seeing an interview from the employer’s perspective made me more prepared because I got ask questions that they may ask.
- I felt a bit anxious when I was being interviewed by the other classmate. I felt anxious because I thought I would not answer the questions as well as I wanted to.
- I think my responses could have been better and longer. I should have read from my paper more because my responses on them were better. I think the questions that were personal were a bit easier to answer while the ones about motivation were harder to answer.
- Some advice I would give is to be prepared for any questions and to practice. I think I could have improved by practicing and being more prepared to answer any question. I should have prepared to answer questions about motivation more since I did not do well on those.
- I learned that it can be stressful and anxious to do an interview so it is good to practice with someone on what you may answer. You should wear something casual but not too casual, maybe wear some dress pants and a dress shirt or a dress or suit. You should be professional the whole time and act mature. You could bring a folder or notes to help you, but probably no food.
- I think this activity gave you a preview on what may be asked during an interview. I think it could be improved by adding more question. I think this can help you prepare and it can be a good skill to have.
- Good question: If I asked your teachers or your guidance counselor to describe you, what would they say? Answer: They would say i’m dedicated, hard working, willing, timely, and a good student. Bad question: What made you apply for this job? Answer: I needed money. The difference is that the first one has more explanation while the second one is not a good reason and it is also too simple.
1. What did you learn from your presentation?
I learned that presenting the presentation was the hardest part for me to do than actually making the powerpoint. I also learned that there are some techniques that I could use to make my presentations better, like elaborate and speak louder. Overall, I learned that I do want to keep going for this career or something similar.
2. How well do you think you did on your presentation?
I think I did better than I thought I would because I thought I would get more nervous and not be as loud. I think I could have still made my presentation better by speaking louder and not just reading off the board.
3. What are some presentation techniques that can you incorporate into your next presentation?
Some techniques I can use are to speak louder because I am very soft spoken. I can also elaborate and explain more and not just read of my presentation. I can also try and speak and look at the audience more.
4. What if anything, could you have done differently to change the outcome of your presentation?
I would change the fact that I did not speak as loud as I could have. I would also change the fact that I read too much of the board and did not explain what I meant on all of my slides. I would try to also make my powerpoint better because I missed some small points.
5. Finish the following statements:
- I wish that I would have presented better by being a bit more confident about it and spoken louder so my presentation score could have been higher.
- If I could present my presentation again I wouldn’t try to resist because I prevented myself from being louder and from trying to explain my slides.
- Now that I have reflected on my presentation, I think I want to continue with the career I job shadowed or at least continue in the medical field.
On May 5th we celebrate Cinco de Mayo because that is when Mexico defeated the French army during the Battle of Puebla on May 5th, 1862. Cinco de Mayo officially celebrates the anniversary of the victory by Mexican forces over French forces in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. It is not the anniversary of the defeat and expulsion of the French forces by the Mexicans. Cinco de Mayo is also not the day Mexico celebrates its independence which is actually on September 16. Cinco de Mayo is seen as a day to celebrate culture and achievements of people with a Mexican background who live in the United States. On that day, there are businesses promoting Mexican services and goods, like food, drinks, and music. One of the largest Cinco de Mayo celebrations are in cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, Phoenix, Denver, El Paso, and other parts of the USA’s south-western regions. Banners are hung and schools organize lessons and special events to educate people about the culture of Americans of Mexican descent. In some areas, celebrations of regional Mexican music and dancing are held. Although this holiday celebrates a part of Mexican history and I am Mexican, I do not usually celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Cinco de Mayo seems to be celebrated more in the US than it is in Mexico. I usually celebrate September 16 instead because it is when Mexico gained its independence. Although I do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo, I believe the US should continue to celebrate it because it does celebrate part of the Mexican culture in a way.
Sir Robert Bryson, also known as “Logic”, is a singer, rapper, songwriter, and record producer who is part African-American from his father side, and Caucasian from his mother side. Logic grew up in a terrible house environment, his father suffered from a cocaine addiction, his mother suffered from alcoholism, and his brothers would produce and sell cocaine in the block, including to their father. Logic was then expelled from school in 10th grade after skipping class so much. Although Logic grew up in a tough environment and had a rough childhood, he began gaining interest in music. He than began making mixtapes and then later on released albums. In his music he talks about many important issues. His music talks about equality towards all people, no matter what race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, etc. he believes everyone deserves to be treated equal. In one of his most recent and famous songs called “1-800-273-8255”, also known as the suicide hotline, he talks about a very underrated but serious and common issue today, which is suicide. In the music video he includes a gay teen going through so much for being himself, he gets kicked out of home after his dad finds out that he’s gay, he gets bullied at school, and after so much he wants to commit suicide but something makes him reconsider, in the end he reunites with his father and ends up getting married and having a kid. The song and the music video helped so many people dealing with the same/similar things and saved so many people from committing suicide. In his other songs like “Black Spiderman” and “Everybody” he talks about equality and racism which has also impacted and inspired many people. Overall, Logic’s music has many important messages that have impacted people and is bringing positive change. We can all say that he has become successful after all he’s been through and brings honor to not just the African American community, but to everyone.
The purpose of this video was to entertain and persuade. Amazon was trying to make the video funny but also persuade that their product is the best. The audience was everyone but mainly adults. They were trying to show one viewpoint which was that their product “Alexa” could not be replaced by anyone better so therefore she is the “best” at what she does. They got the audience attention by making the ad funny and by including celebrities.
The purpose of this video was to persuade, entertain, and to inform. Tide was trying to persuade and inform that their product is the best to use but still wanted to make the ad funny to watch. The audience was adults or people who do laundry. They tried to show their viewpoint which was stating that tide is the best brand to use for washing your clothes. They got the audience attention by adding a celebrity and trying to make the video funny and entertaining to watch while still getting their point across.
The purpose of this video was to persuade and to entertain. Lexus and the Black Panther movie are both being presented in this add. Lexus is trying to persuade that the car is the best and that you should buy it, while Black Panther is trying to persuade people to go watch the movie.By adding Black Panther it made the ad more entertaining to watch.b The audience is everyone who is old enough to watch the movie or to drive, so mainly adults and some teens. They got to show both viewpoints which were that Lexus is the best car to drive and that Black Panther is the best movie to watch by mixing the two in one ad. They got the audience’s attention by making the ad epic and adding Black Panther in it, they added action.
- My social issue is gay adoption.
- It is a social issue because many people argue if gay people should or shouldn’t be able to adopt children. People who disagree with gay adoption usually say that it is because it’s against their religion and so there are now laws that prevent LGBT couples from adopting children if the adoption agency says it is against their religion/belief.
- A solution to this could be a law that prevents discrimination to LGBT couples and a law that allows them to adopt/have children without having to go through so many of the struggles that heterosexual couples don’t have to go through.
- This solution is the best solution because it prevents LGBT couples that want to adopt from getting discriminated and it gives children who need to get fostered/adopted a higher chance because they have more people who can, and want to adopt them.
- The pros to this solution would be less discrimination to LGBT couples and the possibility of children getting adopted would be a higher.
- The cons to this solution would be that adoption agencies who are religious may not agree with this so they could close down if they have to allow LGBT couples to adopt.
- Do you agree or disagree that same-sex couples should be able to adopt children?
- How do you think I can improve and make my argument better?
The items I created with the Play-Doh were a music note, a dog, and the “N” that stands for Netflix. I created a music note because I love to hear music and I used to play the violin, so in a way music inspires me. I created a dog because I love animals and because I want to be a vet tech as my future career. I created the Netflix logo because Netflix keeps me entertained and I’ve watched many shows that I love and even inspire me in a way. Looking at other students creations I can see that most of them created something they are passionate about or something that is important to them. Many students created either a sport they do, their future career, a food item they love, or their favorite hobby. This activity relates to the writing progress in many ways. This activity took so much brainstorming just like the writing progress does, the beginning is always the most difficult. Thinking about what to create was the hardest part, just like finding a topic to write about and thinking about the beginning of a paper is the hardest part. In this activity I looked at examples to inspire me and to help me brainstorm, just like I like to do whenever I can’t think of a good topic or how to start a paper. In this activity I also had to think about the audience and who would be seeing my creations, just like I would if I were to write a paper. I had to make a creation that I thought was meaningful and that had a purpose, in the writing process I also have to think about something with a purpose. Overall, this activity has been very similar to the writing process.
This poll is asking if we should legalize gay marriage. It has both people who support it and people who are against it. The people who support it are saying that everyone should have the equal rights to marry who they want, it should not matter who it is because it does not hurt them. The government should let people decide who they want to marry, it is basic civil rights, marriage between two people shouldn’t matter to you, whether its two different races, two different cultures, two different religions, same-sex, etc. The people who are against it are saying that marriage should be between a man and a woman and that gay marriage is against their religion. Same-sex marriage shouldn’t be an issue but if it goes against your religion than maybe just don’t get married in the church. Some people are also saying that the government should not be involved in this but to let religions decide if same-sex marriage is allowed in their church/religion. Others are also saying that if you don’t want to marry a gay person, or someone of the same sex, then don’t but you shouldn’t deny their rights to marry whoever they want because it does not affect you. Overall, this poll brings two sides, people who are against it, and people who support it.